Sunday, October 10, 2010

it smelled like turkey

Hi. My name is Chris and I love sandwiches

"welcome"  "howdy chris"   "good to meet you buddy" "talk to us man"

Thank you kind people you.  My last experience with a sandwich happened -of all places- in a hospital
My mother had just come fresh out of a surgery and I was there to 'be there' -heavy on heart but light in the stomach
As I was sitting there in her room pretending to understand her gibberish, a nurse walked in with a plate of food to give away -or else it would be tossed.  I'm not one to ever waste food and when she offered, I accepted.  Now, I've seen some remarkable looking sandwiches on this blog that has brought about considerable arousal, so I hate to disappoint you all, but, this hospital sandwich pales in comparison.  It was primitive and homely- made in haste with uncaring plastic-bag hands and it deserved no attention beyond its caloric worth.  It was turkey on white bread. I scarfed down this sandwich along with the chips and cole slaw.  It wasn't all that bad,
especially since it was free.  Unless it was poisoned, how can you beat free?

4 comments:

Pogo said...

haha. plastic bag hands! how's ma doing?

crispy said...

ma is fine.
she would be better if we had turano rolls and quality deli meats n cheeses

Diana Mieczan said...

What a fun post
Kisses

Mlle Paradis said...

too funny. just wanted to say, happy to have you over at passageparadis! and i couldn't agree more with you about staying put in l.a. every morning i wake up i am in heaven. especially now that the jasmine and wisteria are popping.

happy sandwich making! loved the loch ness sandwich!